- Types of Information Collected: We collect two types of information from users of the Websites: personally identifiable information described below, and non-personally identifiable information such as information about traffic patterns on the Websites.
- RSI’s Use of Information Collected: In general, we use your information to help understand who uses the Websites and the Products and how they are used, to personalize your experience of the Websites, and for subscription and other billing purposes, where applicable. We may use your PII to respond to your questions or comments, or to send you service announcements or updates regarding the Websites and/or the Products, or promotional announcements regarding other products or opportunities we think might be of interest to you. We may also contact you via postal mail regarding these matters, unless you notify us through the opt-out procedure described below that you no longer wish to receive these communications. We may also use your information to perform statistical analyses or to evaluate and improve our Products and our Websites; and we may share your personal information with our affiliates and business successors, technical consultants, third party auditors or other third parties who make the Websites available, enhance its functionality or provide associated services such as billing and/or who deal with you in processing your orders and/or delivering content, samples, products, services and gifts and prizes. Please note that we reserve the right to transfer your PII and other information to our successors in business and purchasers of the Websites’ assets.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“NPII”): In some cases, we may collect NPII. Examples of this type of information include the type of internet browser you are using, the type of computer operating system application software you are using, peripherals you are using, and the domain name of the website from which you linked to a Website.
We use NPII on an aggregated basis to do such things as enhance the operation of the Websites, operate the Websites, and deliver advertising from the Websites. We may share NPII with third parties for advertising, promotional and other purposes.
- Disclosure of Information to Third Parties: We may disclose information if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so in order to comply with an applicable statute, regulation, rule or law, a subpoena, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other valid legal process. We may disclose PII in special circumstances when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms and Conditions or our Subscription Agreement, or to protect the safety and/or security of our users, the Websites, or the general public. We may provide NPII to third parties. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users to the Websites, the demographic breakdown of users of the Websites, or the activities that users engage in on the Websites. The third parties to which we may provide this (NPII) information may include potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services, commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers, and other similar parties including contractors working on the Websites. In addition, we may share your PII (including, to the extent permitted by law, any demographic information you provide to us like zip code, age, gender, marital status, movie preferences, etc.), with certain third parties with whom we do business (including for example, our content providers and clients), so that such third parties may contact you regarding products, services, offers, or other information we think you may find valuable. These third parties may also use the information to generate aggregate reports and market research, or for other purposes. If you would rather not have us share this information with third parties, you may opt out at any time via links on the emails you receive, or contact Richard Simmons Customer Service marked “Privacy-Urgent” to Richard Simmons Customer Service, [email protected]. Make sure you notify us for each account or email address you have left with us. Information obtained through the Websites may be intermingled with and used in conjunction with information obtained through sources other than the Websites, including both online and offline sources.
- Opt-Out Procedures: You have the right to opt out of receiving unsolicited information from the Websites. This opt out messaging will appear at the bottom of every unsolicited email that is sent by the Websites. We also give you the option to remove your
information from our database completely. If you no longer wish to use the Websites or to receive any form of unsolicited direct contact from us, whether it is email, discounts, newsletters, or other promotional offers or materials, or want us to delete your PII from our data records (except with respect to billing matters), you may opt out at any time via
links on the emails you receive, or contact Richard Simmons Customer Service with a letter marked “Privacy-Urgent” to Richard Simmons Customer Service,
[email protected] . We are not responsible for removing your PII from third party lists or databases of any kind. Please note that we reserve the right to keep any PII or NPII submitted or collected until you delete or modify it, or until we choose to delete it, for business reasons such as obsolescence.
- Reviewing or Changing Your Information: In order to ensure that the information we maintain is accurate, we give users the option to change or modify their information previously provided. If you would like to change your information currently in our database, please contact Customer Service, at Richard Simmons Customer Service. On the Websites: Use the Customer Service Form. By Email:
[email protected]. We are not responsible for updating information contained in third-party lists or databases.
- Security: We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you submit. All information is stored on our servers in a secure location. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished if you are using a shared computer. If your password is compromised, notify Customer Service at once! For Richard Simmons Customer Service on the Websites, use the Customer Service Form. By Email: [email protected]. Please note that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of the information you transmit via our online services.
- Protection for Children: The Websites are not intended for the use of those under the age of 13. Furthermore, we have no intention of collecting PII from children. Where appropriate, we take reasonable measures to inform children not to submit such information to the Websites or in response to advertisements. If a child has provided us with PII, that child’s parent or guardian should contact Richard Simmons Customer Service with a letter marked “Privacy-Urgent” to Richard Simmons Customer Service, [email protected], and indicate therein that you would like the information submitted by the child deleted from our database. We will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. By subscribing to the Clubhouse, you represent and warrant that you are over eighteen, and that any birth date information you submit during the subscription process is accurate. Users under 18 must have parent’s permission to use the website.
- Your Consent: You may have certain rights under the Communications Act, Federal Trade Commission Act, and other state and federal statutes that may apply, and by accepting these terms you are waiving all of these rights as to collection, use, disclosure and storage of your PII and NPII as described above. You recognize that we are able to offer our service to you at our rates based upon these terms, which are an integral part of our contract for the provision of services to users, whether in the Clubhouse or outside of it on the Websites. By using the Websites and/or providing PII and NPII thereto, you also authorize the export of PII to the USA, and its storage and use as specified above. Our headquarters are in the USA in the State of California. This policy and our legal obligations hereunder are subject to the laws of the State of California, and of the USA, regardless of the location of any user. Any claims or complaints must be filed in the USA in the State of California, County of Los Angeles.